Business is booming in Kelowna. Witness some of the key statistics shared by the Okanagan Young Professionals Collective at the start of 2017:
- Kelowna is the #1 entrepreneurial region in Canada.
- In 2015, the Okanagan tech industry contributed $1.3 billion to the local economy, up 30% in two years.
- There are 633 tech companies in the Okanagan, employing 7,600 employees.
- Tourism generates approximately $835 million in the Okanagan valley annually, and approximately $200 million of that comes from the region’s wine industry.
- Kelowna is the third largest region in British Columbia, and according to the 2016 Stats Canada census, it is one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada (its population jumped by 8.4% since the 2011 census).
With this expansion comes an increased need to attract, engage, and retain talent – in short, to take a sustainable approach to workplace relationships. Given our commitment to fostering sustainable employment practices, Kelowna seemed a perfect fit when Kent Employment Law decided to expand beyond its Vancouver origins. We are delighted to now be a part of this thriving Okanagan community!
David Brown, a trusted advisor to businesses in BC’s Interior, leads our Kelowna practice. As a thought-leader in the employment law sphere and an active, committed member of various local public-spirited organizations, he is the ideal choice to spearhead our Okanagan office.
We see an opportunity to make a difference for both employers and employees in the Okanagan and support them in creating a strong, healthy workplace culture. And as champions of progress and innovation, we look forward to growing with Kelowna.
To learn more about us and how we can help, contact us today.