We are pleased to say that we can personally attest to the truth of Mayor Basran’s recent YouTube message: Kelowna is still open for business and a great place to visit!
Now that our Okanagan office is (already!) six months old, we thought it high time for the Vancouver gang to take a field trip to check out the new digs. The obvious next step was to turn the visit into a full-blown firm event – our good friends, neighbours, and Kelowna office-mates Connect Family Law agreed, and the (First Annual?) Kent/Connect Okanagan Team + Spouses/Partners/Kids Retreat was born!
With that decided, planning began in earnest. Top priorities of course were seeing the new offices and exploring Kelowna, but what could we do for a fun, team-building adventure…? You guessed it – a wine tour!
The two-day weekend trip was brief, but packed full of great moments and memories. It was also a special reminder of how fortunate we are to be a group that works AND plays well together. Here are some highlights of our time in K-Town:
- Connecting as a group in the welcoming communal space of Kent and Connect’s share offices on Dolphin Avenue.
- Our Wicked Wine Tours driver and guide Gerry, who kept us informed, on-time, hydrated, and happy.
- The incredible ladies at Sperling Vineyards who taught us all about the winery’s history as we sipped leisurely out in the sun.
- Group photos on the terrace at Tantalus Vineyards, and bonus tastings at Summerhill Pyramid Winery.
- Lunching al fresco, overlooking the lake at Cedar Creek.
- Post-tour pool lounging at the hotel.
- A team dinner, which included the under-3 set, at Vintner’s at the Coast Capri, followed by the Kent/Connect preferred social activity, Karaoke.
- A laidback Day 2, which saw some of us sample local fare at The Bohemian, hike to Paul’s Tomb, taste more wine, and communing with Kangaroos at the Kangaroo Creek Farm in Lake Country.
- Glorious weather and breathtaking scenery, everywhere we looked.
We are proud to be a part of this vibrant, thriving Okanagan community and appreciated the opportunity to support it as a group. We look forward to continuing to get to know Kelowna and to many more firm gatherings like this one. Here’s to #wineretreat2018!
NOT LEGAL ADVICE. Information made available on the Kent Employment Law website in any form is for information purposes only. It is not, and should not be taken as, legal advice. You should not rely on, or take or fail to take any action, based upon this information. Never disregard professional legal advice or delay in seeking legal advice because of something you have read on this website. One of our lawyers would be pleased to discuss any specific legal concerns you may have.