This interview was conducted in Punjabi, and the link provided by Red FM Vancouver
This interview covers the following topics:
• What if my employer doesn’t pay me what I’m owed?
• Am I legally entitled to minimum wage even if I am working on cash?
• Do employers not have to pay someone they were only trying out? T
• What is the law regarding trial shifts?
• Unpaid Training: When is it legal and when is it illegal?
Hiring and Firing
• Could you point out important things to look for in the employment contract before signing one (Especially for international students who have no work background)?
• Does an employer need cause to terminate an employee?
• What does it mean to be fired for “just cause”?
• What does it mean to be fired for “without cause”?
• What is time theft at work, and can you get fired for it?
• Leave policy in B.C & an employee’s right to unpaid protected leave.