A hub of innovation, growth and opportunity. (Okanagan Young Professionals Collective, January 2017)
Business is booming in Kelowna. Witness some of the key statistics shared by the Okanagan Young Professionals Collective in 2017:
- Kelowna is the #1 entrepreneurial region in Canada.
- In 2015, the Okanagan tech industry contributed $1.3 billion to the local economy, up 30% in two years.
- There are 633 tech companies in the Okanagan, employing 7,600 employees.
- Tourism generates approximately $835 million in the Okanagan valley annually, and approximately $200 million of that comes from the region’s wine industry.
- Kelowna is the third largest region in British Columbia, and according to the 2016 Stats Canada census, it is one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada (its population jumped by 8.4% since the 2011 census).
With this expansion comes an increased need to attract, engage, and retain talent – in short, to take a sustainable approach to workplace relationships. Given our commitment to fostering sustainable employment practices, Kelowna was the perfect fit when Kent Employment Law decided to expand beyond its Vancouver origins. We are delighted to be a part of this thriving Okanagan community!
David Brown, a trusted advisor to businesses in BC’s Interior, leads our Kelowna practice. As a thought-leader in the employment law sphere and an active, committed member of various local public-spirited organizations, he is the ideal choice to spearhead our Okanagan office. Working alongside David are employment lawyers Kimberly Darling and Tiffany Zanatta and Legal Assistants Johanna Strimas, Renate Crawford and Terry Smy.
We are committed to making a difference for both employers and employees in the Okanagan and supporting them in creating a strong, healthy workplace culture. And as champions of progress and innovation, we look forward to growing with Kelowna.
To learn more about us and how we can help, contact us today.